Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

White Chicken Qorma

So I was out of tomatoes, otherwise this would have been a traditional murgh karahi. I was in no mood for a shorba.. and didnt have any bread to go with it, if I'd grilled it. Last option was to make this. This is the first time I've made it and I must say, it wont be the last :) I really enjoyed making it. I had no recipe to follow, so just went with my own imagination and Alhamdolillah, everyone was happy with the result. Have a go.. you'll like it..

This is what you need:

1 whole chicken, cut into 12 or more pieces
1 full tsp curry powder
1 and half tsp white pepper powder ( u can reduce this, I like white pepper)
1 level tsp black salt
1/2 tsp or to taste salt
1 tablespoon ground coriander 
1 and half tbls dessicated coconut &1 tbls white sesame seeds - ground together
1/2 cup blanched almonds, blended to a paste
4 tbls yoghurt
1 tbls cream
2 medium onions, pureed
1 large stick cinnamon
4 to 5 green cardamons
1 large bay leaf
1/2 tsp whole white cumin
2 to 3 green chillies
1 full tbls GG paste



And this is what you do with them:

1- Heat oil and fry the dry spices. Add the chicken. Let water evaporate.

 
2-  As soon as the onion dries up, add all the spices and saute well. You dont want the onion to get brown, just dry.. so watch the heat.

3- Add the yoghurt, cream and ground sesame and coconut
 
4- Mix well and let it cook a bit. Let the yoghurt water dry up a bit then add almond paste.Mix all in very well and keep heat on medium flame.
 
5- Keep stirring, if it gets too dry and sticks, add some water. I couldnt get all the almond out of my blender, so added water to the remains inside and blended again. I used this water whenever I needed to add some to the curry. 












6- As soon as your qorma has the desired thickness remove from heat and put the green chillies on top. Cover and leave to rest for a few minutes.Then serve hot with naans or white rice. 







No comments:

Post a Comment